Antenna Making Loud Noise

tmhtmh

Just to make it clear, if you're just replacing a noisy antenna you don't have to remove the motor or any interior trim. The replacement antenna can be installed from outside the vehicle by sending the nylon tooth strip down the antenna mounting hole - there's a procedure for doing that involving turning the radio on and off. If your replacement antenna won't go all the way down, it's probably because a piece of the the old nylon strip is broken and left inside - you'll have to remove the motor to fix that. Do not cut off a piece from the new antenna strip to make it fit. Check to see if your replacement antenna has a longer nylon strip than the antenna you removed from the vehicle. If it is, it's because there's a nylon piece left in the motor from the old antenna - you'll have to remove the motor to get it out.

Will it ruin my antenna motor if there is an old piece of white nylon gearing in the motor. Or can I just go ahead and put the new part and see what happens, I don't know for sure if there is nylon left in there because as I mentioned earlier the moving company ripped it out and I did not see the part that they've tore out

Just to make it clear, if you're just replacing a noisy antenna you don't have to remove the motor or any interior trim. The replacement antenna can be installed from outside the vehicle by sending the nylon tooth strip down the antenna mounting hole - there's a procedure for doing that involving turning the radio on and off. If your replacement antenna won't go all the way down, it's probably because a piece of the the old nylon strip is broken and left inside - you'll have to remove the motor to fix that. Do not cut off a piece from the new antenna strip to make it fit. Check to see if your replacement antenna has a longer nylon strip than the antenna you removed from the vehicle. If it is, it's because there's a nylon piece left in the motor from the old antenna - you'll have to remove the motor to get it out.

Will it ruin my antenna motor if there is an old piece of white nylon gearing in the motor. Or can I just go ahead and put the new part and see what happens, I don't know for sure if there is nylon left in there because as I mentioned earlier the moving company ripped it out and I did not see the part that they've tore out

just tried to remove the old antenna.

i removed the gromet as described, but i cannot pull the shaft out of the motor assembly... any tips?