Borla Exhaust

:( Hey guy's quick question i just installed my borla exhaust on my car, and i love it i resetted my ecu by disconnecting the negative wire. I took my car to my friends shop, and asked him to put it on the machine just to see if everything was cool, and of course every thing was fine, but he did tell me that the catalyst sensor didn't reset. he said its nothing to worry about they will clear on its own he didnt remember how long i had to drive the car for it to reset. he said it will clear, the question is do u guy's have any knowledge of this after resetting the ecu. The only reason i took it to him to check it out is because since i had the car ive been noticing lower miles to the gal. I recently bought the srt intake with piggy back ecu. I wanted to make sure nothing came up before i installed the intake. he just said by me resetting the ecu if i was to go & get my car annual inspection it would fail. I'm just curious how many miles do i have to drive for the catalyst sensor to clear. By the way i have a 98 gs300.

:( Hey guy's quick question i just installed my borla exhaust on my car, and i love it i resetted my ecu by disconnecting the negative wire. I took my car to my friends shop, and asked him to put it on the machine just to see if everything was cool, and of course every thing was fine, but he did tell me that the catalyst sensor didn't reset. he said its nothing to worry about they will clear on its own he didnt remember how long i had to drive the car for it to reset. he said it will clear, the question is do u guy's have any knowledge of this after resetting the ecu. The only reason i took it to him to check it out is because since i had the car ive been noticing lower miles to the gal. I recently bought the srt intake with piggy back ecu. I wanted to make sure nothing came up before i installed the intake. he just said by me resetting the ecu if i was to go & get my car annual inspection it would fail. I'm just curious how many miles do i have to drive for the catalyst sensor to clear. By the way i have a 98 gs300.

If in fact what you describe is the case = About 200 miles should do it.

Keep us up to SPEED on this. PLEASE :cheers:

thanks i'll try @ 200 mile then let him check it again.

thanks i'll try @ 200 mile then let him check it again.

I would double check ALL the connections on that there cat sensor first, I mean EVERY WIRE AT EVERY CONNECTION AND THE CONNECTOR ITSELF. Did you disconnect the neg. terminal before the switchout ???