High Amp Alternator

JeffD

Hi, I installed an audio system in my sc430 and now it seems that my headlights starts dimming when i blast the audio system, i have asked people about this problem and they said that i need a high amp alternator but the problem is that no one knows where to get the high amp alternator for sc430. Do any of you guys know any?

i would take off my ground wire and clean up the connection there use sand paper to take off paint etc. i have done a high output amp on my truck just recently (60 amp to 130amp) and it helps but what you might have to do is bring it to an alternator shop and get it rebuilt to do that but usually you can only jump up about 30 amps or so like that

all that aside.......

go buy a 1 farad capacitor and pop that in there. that it was did the most for my system it really cleaned up the sound especially on the bottom end where voltage drops alot, usually only cost about 150-200 just make sure you ground it seperatly from where the amp is grounded

you can also get a .5 farad capacitor cheaper but i'm guessing you are running a high power system?