Clunk

Donny Chen

I just bought a 2006 gx 470. About 400 miles i discovered the clunk. It happens when you release the brake after coming to a complete stop. I notify the dealer and they say something about having a fix sometime this year. Is there anyway they can buy buck this vehicle since it is so new. I just dont want them to tear anything apart?

I just bought a 2006 gx 470. About 400 miles i discovered the clunk. It happens when you release the brake after coming to a complete stop. I notify the dealer and they say something about having a fix sometime this year. Is there anyway they can buy buck this vehicle since it is so new. I just dont want them to tear anything apart?

goodluck. dealers are really hard and strict when it comes to buybacks. it's possible but if there's no good reason, then it's hard to do a buyback. there was a situation at my dealer once, the GX was bought back. it came out dec 02 and the buyback took place jan03. the reason was that (i suppose it's true) that the wife of the GX owner got paralyzed and had a hard time getting up in the car. so the dealer did a buy back, but was only giving a $700 discount on it, even though it had like 600 miles on it already.

goodluck. dealers are really hard and strict when it comes to buybacks. it's possible but if there's no good reason, then it's hard to do a buyback. there was a situation at my dealer once, the GX was bought back. it came out dec 02 and the buyback took place jan03. the reason was that (i suppose it's true) that the wife of the GX owner got paralyzed and had a hard time getting up in the car. so the dealer did a buy back, but was only giving a $700 discount on it, even though it had like 600 miles on it already.

do you believe I have a good reason?

do you believe I have a good reason?

hate to say it, but no it's not a reason that they will accept. although you could try (depends on the dealership) but don't be surprised to drive home disappointed.

i forgot to mention, the GX owner in my story had an edge over everyone. not only was the paralyze story true but i think the owner had some connections with the owner of the dealership, or was some close friend. so they easily had the buyback. otherwise, it's seems sooooo impossible. if i were you i'd just keep the car, try to get it fix (you may be a lucky one and it might go away) or just use it for awhile untill your lease is up, or untill you can get rid of it at a price that isn't lower than your residual value. idk. give it try if you wish. no harm trying. ;)