1993 Es300 Lack Of Power Under 10 Mph

Petes

Need help! My 1993 Lexus with 93000 miles at low speed runs with jerks and struggles going up the slope. This haa recently started. Any clue as to what is causing this? Can some one help me in locating its idle air control valve.

Petes

The inforation is very helpful. however, I have follow up questions:

1. How do I clean IACV?

2. Do I need any chemical to clean it?

3. Is there any adjustment or special care that needs to be taken working on IACV?

4. Do I need to replace the gasket once cleaning iscomplete?

Petes

1. How do I clean IACV?

2. Do I need any chemical to clean it?

Just spray a cleaner in it. If you have one of the little wire plumbing brushes you can run that through there too.

3. Is there any adjustment or special care that needs to be taken working on IACV?

Nope.

4. Do I need to replace the gasket once cleaning iscomplete?

Depends. The paper gaskets generally break when u take them off. A tiny bit of rtv, or anything of the like will fix that up without having to worry about it.

Appreciate the help. The information provided was very helpful in removing IACV, however I still have some folowup questions.

1. I was not able to remove the valve from the enclosure for cleaning. Is it possible to do that or do I have to clean the valve while it is still on the body, the way I did the cleaning?

2. As was predicted, the valve was extremely dirty, full of gunk. I was able to clean it with throttle body cleaner but could not fully clean the valve, mainly especially what looked like a hole in thecenter of the valve even after trying to pry with a wire. Does it have a hole that goes through and can I run the wire through it without damaging it? As I was unsure, I did not force the wire through it. Is it safe to fully run the wire through it?

3. I am still having jerky slow speed drive upto approx 10 MPH, the car however runs lot better at higher speed. I feel as if the car is hitched at low low speed. Can it be some other problem? I will be happy to clean the IACV again if I the central hole needs to be cleaned provided wire can be safely run through it.

4. Any other thoughts, if it does not turn out to be the IACV?

Your problem is not an IACV as you are not having a problem at idle .

Could be many things .

Have you tried driving in 1st gear to see if it made any difference?

Does the engine rev normally in neutral?

I test drove my Lexus and below are my findings:

1. There is no difference driving in L or 2 or in Drive. It is marginaly better in L or D but still drives in Jerks between 5 to 10 MPH.

2. It revs normally in neutral when warm (around 800 RPM). It shows slightly higher RPM (around 1250 RPM) when it is cold compared to when in Drive.

If I need to test any thing else, let me know.

Petes