Door Hinge Question

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the sc400 door hinge assembly is a sealed unit or will it help to soak it wiyh spray lube. Thanks

Hello. Yes, I am also over 40. The door hinges are a thing of beauty and engineering marvel, and I have sprayed them periodically, don`t know if it helps or not. The ball detent which holds the door open does respond to grease and/or oil. Grease as applied inside the curved plate with little finger. (10mm bolts holding it on). My idea would be to drill a hole in the body of the hinge and install a grease fitting, pump grease in until it squeezes out the ends. Again, I would like to believe it is sealed with lubricant inside.

Does anyone know if the sc400 door hinge assembly is a sealed unit or will it help to soak it wiyh spray lube. Thanks

Had to have all my hinges replaced last month due to creaking noise. '03 RX. Tryed all kinds of sprays 1st. Dealer said it is a known problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Had to have all my hinges replaced last month due to creaking noise. '03 RX. Tryed all kinds of sprays 1st. Dealer said it is a known problem.

Hello. My gut feeling is that the hinges didn`t need to be replaced. I hope you kept the old ones as they balonged to you, I don`t think there is a core situation with door hinges. Mine creaked and it was the ball detent which holds the door open, or half open. Squeeze some grease in there and it immedeately goes away. Hey, email me if you want some other concepts from an over 40, whew, over 60, happy lexus owner who had done 90%of the work on his cars over the last, what, half century. Lawrence.benz@att.net

• 1 month later...

I tried the white lithium grease on my 92 sc400 driver door and it seemed to work for about 2 days. After a few more weeks of ripping the interior panel free of the door, I broke down and bought a new hinge from the dealer. $339. Put the hinge in my trunk until I could devote the time needed to install it. Before that day arrived, the old hinge made a tremendous pop as I opened the door. It has been smooth as butter ever since. So 4 months later the new hinge is on ebay, Lexus dealer wouldnt take it back, and me crossing my fingers that another pop doesnt undo the fix. ;-)

The lithium grease is definitely a good idea to try first.

• 1 month later...

I tried the white lithium grease on my 92 sc400 driver door and it seemed to work for about 2 days. After a few more weeks of ripping the interior panel free of the door, I broke down and bought a new hinge from the dealer. $339. Put the hinge in my trunk until I could devote the time needed to install it. Before that day arrived, the old hinge made a tremendous pop as I opened the door. It has been smooth as butter ever since. So 4 months later the new hinge is on ebay, Lexus dealer wouldnt take it back, and me crossing my fingers that another pop doesnt undo the fix. ;-)

IF ANY ONE NEEDS DR. OR PASS HINGE I HAVE THEM AND NO creaking noise!

ALLSO IF ANYONE NEEDS ANY INTERIOR PARTS SEATS ,SEATBELTS, GLASS, BODY PARTS IM PARTING OUT A 95 SC 300 WITH GRAY INTERIOR. I CAN SPRAY DYE ANY COLOR ON THE LEATHER OR VINYL INTERIOR PARTS! E-MAIL ME AT ( !Removed!@CLEARWIRE.NET ) I CHECK DAYLY!

• 1 month later...

IF ANY ONE NEEDS DR. OR PASS HINGE I HAVE THEM AND NO creaking noise!

ALLSO IF ANYONE NEEDS ANY INTERIOR PARTS SEATS ,SEATBELTS, GLASS, BODY PARTS IM PARTING OUT A 95 SC 300 WITH GRAY INTERIOR. I CAN SPRAY DYE ANY COLOR ON THE LEATHER OR VINYL INTERIOR PARTS! E-MAIL ME AT ( !Removed!@CLEARWIRE.NET ) I CHECK DAYLY!

I think i am in need of the driver's door hinges. Few weeks ago it stopped opening & the only why to open the door is to push it from the middel of the front to help it out of hitting the end of the front fender.

How much shipped to Toronto Canada? Green 1993 SC400. is it in working conditon?

please reply to:

feb@maktoob.com