Ticking Noise From Engine

Guest dms666

Guest dms666

In my RX330, I hear a ticking noise from the engine.

When in idle, the engine produces a noticeable (and quick) "tick, tick, tick..." noise...like the clock sound from "60 Minutes". Am I hearing the cylinders, belt, or what?

Clearly I have no automative knowledge so let's clear that up right away. :)

When in idle, the engine produces a noticeable (and quick) "tick, tick, tick..." noise...like the clock sound from "60 Minutes". Am I hearing the cylinders, belt, or what?

I have same problem on my 2004 RX330, was told it is the fuel injectors and is a known issue, but so far no fixes ( I was told that 2-days ago when my went in for repair).

I have lived with my noisy RX for 2 1/2 years now, and really cant wait till I can get rid if the vehicle , inmy opinion it is just very average and not the high quality I was led to believe.

I have same problem on my 2004 RX330, was told it is the fuel injectors and is a known issue, but so far no fixes ( I was told that 2-days ago when my went in for repair).

I have lived with my noisy RX for 2 1/2 years now, and really cant wait till I can get rid if the vehicle , inmy opinion it is just very average and not the high quality I was led to believe.

I also hear the ticking but it does not concern me. I have heard that many of these engines do this...and it does not seem to be a problem...

I guess it just does not bother me! I love my RX330, I think that the quality of this vehicle is far superior to most, not sure what is wrong with yours...

OK, the Lex has a tick!! :wacko: It is the injector, ours was corrected two weeks ago. Still a slight noise but the car is so quiet everything is noticable evne a rock in one of the tires.

Check with another dealer, Inskip in RI fixed it the first time around. :rolleyes:

There has been a fix out for months. Replacing the fuel line from the fuel rail to the metal fuel line. TSIB EG005-05

wow i'm completely unaware of this... ours has been ticking since day 1 and i just took it for granted after being told it was the injectors.

but a question: why would a fuel line cause this noise?

There is a Fix. Check the TSB at for fuel injector rail.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems...PC&type=VEHICLE