2001 Rx300 Awd Rear Brake Part Number

e71260

Does anyone know the Toyota part number for a 2001 RX300 AWD? I can't seem to find anywhere on this site. By the way, is it normal that the rear brake pads wear out much faster than the front? I have 75K on my 2001 RX300 and the rear is about 5% remaining whereas the front is 60% remaining.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Does anyone know the Toyota part number for a 2001 RX300 AWD? I can't seem to find anywhere on this site. By the way, is it normal that the rear brake pads wear out much faster than the front? I have 75K on my 2001 RX300 and the rear is about 5% remaining whereas the front is 60% remaining.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Usually they wear evenly and last 70 to 80k. Did you get your RX used and is it possible someone changed the fronts once already?

I had the same experience as you on the rear brakes wearing first. 70k was exactly when mine were worn also. The second set of pads performed better.... I do not know why. But I have switched to all ceramics Akebono pro pads all the way around. The rear disk are solid and not vented, but most of the time the front brakes take the beating. However I have never had AWD and I don't know if that affected this situation. I ordered the pads from the Tire Rack online. Good service and prices.

Mikey00, I'm the original owner and never had the brakes replaced. Anyhow, the main question is does anyone know the toyota part number for the rear brakes? If I go with ceramic, do I need to replace the rotor to be compatible with the ceramic pads? I'd prefer to stick with OEM parts if possible.

thanks,

John

I did not change the rear rotors when I put ceramics on and they look great. You can go to Lexus of Plano Texas and get prices on the OEM part numbers, but quite frankly the rear pads are not that expensive. the rear pads are $50.73 with free shipping if you want the OEM. I doubt if the have a Toyota part number, that crosses