Performance Differance After 90k Service?

Sweet95LS400

Hey guys, my LS is running like a top, I have about 80k on it right now and was contemplating have the 90k service done a little early due to the age of the car. Has anyone noticed a big differance in performance after this service? Here are the items the dealer is performing (for $1100):

- Replace Timing Belt

- Replace Water Pump

- Replace Crank Seal

- Replace Cam Seals

- Change brake fluid

- Change coolant

- Change pulley/tensioner

- Engine oil/filter change

- Engine oil flush

- Intake/Fuel system cleaning

- Change spark plugs

- Change plug wires

Like I said the car runs great now, but due to the age of the car, I would rather have the service completed early rather than wait till its too late. Hard to believe the car is 11 years old, everyone who rides in it thinks its newer. I have people all the time if the car is new.

The spark plugs might make a noticeable difference, very little else on that list will. It is just stuff that needs doing, and if the money spent makes you think the car runs better, that's good. It's like washing a car and waxing it - they always run nicer afterwards......

I would avoid any mechanic who advises an "engine oil flush" whatever the hell that is. And the intake cleaning for that matter.

I don't imagine the dealer can point to a factory service schedule and show the oil flush and intake cleaning listed. If the factory doesn't call for it, don't let them do it. It's called "padding" and helps them to increase profit. Like undercoating a new car that has a rust perforation warranty, or the "Scotch Guard" treatment, or the paint "protection" goo.

Sweet, on my 90k service receipt from the dealership it has an entry called "BG44K Fuel Inj. Additive" as a service they did. Probably just a can of fuel cleaner they dump in the tank on the way out the door.