P00057

Test drove the with very little gas and the engine light and VSC light was not on. The salesman put 89 octane and the light came on. We went to find out what code it was throwing and it was p0057. We cleared it and it came back a few miles later. I filled up with premium tonight. How long do you think it will take to clear or do I have to disconnect negative cable from battery? If so ..for how long? And why did the VSC turned off light come on b/c of this code?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A mechanic replaced the 02 sensor, but the engine light came back on after we reset the code by removing the negative cable from the battery for a little bit. After driving about 3 miles the code came back on. Is there a diagram I can see to make a reference and make sure he replaced the right 02 sensor. The part was ordered from a lexus dealer.

Bank 2 Sensor 2 is located after the cat under the passenger's side floor. To clear the code properly, use the scantool. Disconnecting the battery will not necessarily clear codes.

HINT: Put your car model and year in your profile.

Bank 2 Sensor 2 is located after the cat under the passenger's side floor. To clear the code properly, use the scantool. Disconnecting the battery will not necessarily clear codes.

HINT: Put your car model and year in your profile.

Ok...thanks for the info and for the hint.