1993 Lexus Es300

Hello,

I am a new Lexus owner, so forgive me if from time to time I might ask some questions that have been asked a thousand times.

I'm looking for a cd changer my car did not come with one and the radio does not have the cd button. What recommendations does anyone have?

I also need to know the cost of a extra key?

The security system that comes on that model, is it just a keyless entry?

Hello,

I am a new Lexus owner, so forgive me if from time to time I might ask some questions that have been asked a thousand times.

I'm looking for a cd changer my car did not come with one and the radio does not have the cd button. What recommendations does anyone have?

Hi, welcome to the group!

In order to upgrade to the CD changer in your car, you would have to install not only a new head unit (I'm assuming you want to keep the stock stereo system). You could find a new head unit on eBay to fit your car, but once that's installed, you'll have to install wiring for the 6 disc changer that mounts in the trunk. Really, you have to upgrade the whole sound system, and it won't be cheap or easy if you want everything to remain stock. Download the factory service manual pinned at the top of this forum for more info about the CD changer, etc.

An extra key is around $50 for one without a remote. With a remote, you're looking at closer to $300 to $400 for a two key set with corresponding chip to be installed by the Lexus dealer. You can't program new remote keys, because each key set has a corresponding chip. Call the parts department at your local Lexus dealer for information about new keys.

The security system on your car is not simply keyless entry. The alarm will go off if any door is unlocked from the inside of the car while the system is set (i.e. someone breaks the window and unlocks the door, or unlocks it from between the outside of the door and window). Information about the security system and how it works can be found in your user manual.

Good luck, and congratulations on your new Lexus!

Hello,

silver_serpent, I'll be willing to bet you a beer :cheers: that there is a wiring harness tucked way up in the drivers side behind the trunk liner, In other words your car is /should be prewired for the cd changer. All you need is a headunit with the cd button and a changer, Both of which are pretty easy to obtain, So it is/should be plug and play. Let us know what you find.

And yes, My 93 es is keyless entry/alarm.