Calling For All Rx400h Owner-running This Test

Hi All,

I happened on mine!. Would you do this test tonight on your RX400h.

-Apply hand brake hard (Actually foot brake!) to make sure the car NOT ROLLING ON IDLE when you release the brake.

-Turn the key to ready mode.

-hold down the brake(just like you start to drive); pull the gear to reverse; release the brake but the hand brake is still hold hard(just like you forgot to release tha hand brake).

-At this time; did you hear the vibration and humming sound?

Mine is happend a few time during a day. If I keep trying for a few time, the noise and vibration gone for a day!!

I would like to know how it react in that condition before I bring my car to the dealer.

Thanks

Huey. :cries:

Hi All,

-Apply hand brake hard (Actually foot brake!) to make sure the car NOT ROLLING ON IDLE when you release the brake.

-hold down the brake(just like you start to drive); pull the gear to reverse; release the brake but the hand brake is still hold hard(just like you forgot to release tha hand brake).

Mine is happend a few time during a day. If I keep trying for a few time, the noise and vibration gone for a day!!

I would like to know how it react in that condition before I bring my car to the dealer.

Thanks

Huey.:cries:

Yikes! :o

I would not recommend ANYONE try this with their 400h!!

This process could be the CAUSE of the damage that is making that noise.

Hi All,

Thanks

This process is nothing more than you forgot to release the hand brake in idle or engine off! how could it cause damage!!??

Hi All,

Thanks

This process is nothing more than you forgot to release the hand brake in idle or engine off! how could it cause damage!!??

Well, I... ;) ... just kidding.

My concern is if someone were to hit the gas while in this state it may place undue strain on the electric motor(s). And I just wanted to warn anyone who was thinking of experimenting with their system in this way that it may not be completely without risks.

If you feel your car is making an odd noise then take it in for a look see. There is no charge, and best case - you will get the problem taken care of; worst case - you will learn that it is a normal part of operation. There is no down side.