Gs300 2000 Oil Change: Which Way To Lift The Car?

Hello,

I’m about to change the oil in GS300 2000 for the first time myself. I have found few discussions and few step-by-steps, but none that explicitly describes where the oil drain plug is located in the relation to the rest of the car, hence the question:

Is it positioned the same way as the transmission pan plug (I can use the ramps to lift the front of the car), so that when the front is elevated and the plug is opened, the oil will drain completely?

Is it positioned some other way, so that I will need to use the jacks instead of the ramps and will need to either jack up the rear end of the car or one of the sides?

Thanks

Hello,

I’m about to change the oil in GS300 2000 for the first time myself. I have found few discussions and few step-by-steps, but none that explicitly describes where the oil drain plug is located in the relation to the rest of the car, hence the question:

Is it positioned the same way as the transmission pan plug (I can use the ramps to lift the front of the car), so that when the front is elevated and the plug is opened, the oil will drain completely?

Is it positioned some other way, so that I will need to use the jacks instead of the ramps and will need to either jack up the rear end of the car or one of the sides?

Thanks

You can reach the drain plug from the front of the car without raising it. Keep it on a level surface. If you have to raise it to reach the plug it won't be much and will drain fine.

Hello,

Thanks

You can reach the drain plug from the front of the car without raising it. Keep it on a level surface. If you have to raise it to reach the plug it won't be much and will drain fine.

Thank you, dcfish.

But there is a plastic cover, covering the engine compartment from the bottom, right? I should need to remove that, before I get to the drain plug then (I had read the manual on gs400). Can it be done without lifting the car?

If I'm facing the front of the car, is the gs300 drain plug to my left or to my right?

Hello,

Thanks

Thank you, dcfish.

But there is a plastic cover, covering the engine compartment from the bottom, right? I should need to remove that, before I get to the drain plug then (I had read the manual on gs400). Can it be done without lifting the car?

If I'm facing the front of the car, is the gs300 drain plug to my left or to my right?

On my 98 all I have to do is push up on the cover towards the rear and the drain plug can be reached from the front without removing anything. You might have to remove the cover on the 2000 I am not sure, Check it out.

Oh yeah, The plug is in the center.

Hello,

Thanks

Thank you, dcfish.

On my 98 all I have to do is push up on the cover towards the rear and the drain plug can be reached from the front without removing anything. You might have to remove the cover on the 2000 I am not sure, Check it out.

Changed the oil yesterday. Incredibly easy. Thank you so much for your help.

Hello,

Thanks

Thank you, dcfish.

Changed the oil yesterday. Incredibly easy. Thank you so much for your help.

OK, Great. Now you owe me a beer. :cheers: