Funny Tire Story...

SW03ES

You guys will like this one.

I had an 05 ES330 loaner (with the new 17" wheels) today and whenever I drive one of these I'm always impressed with how quiet the stock Bridgestone EL42s are. They might be the quietest tire I've ever experienced on a car, dead silent and they make the Michelins seem loud (which are a very quiet tire to begin with).

Anyways, driving on these tires always makes me kick around getting a set for mine. I had checked out all of the sidewalls because I was checking what brand they were to make sure they were the EL42s. At one point I lightly drove over the edge of a curb as I pulled into a driveway and thought nothing of it. As I left my last appointment today to head over and pick up my car I notced a rather ugly looking bulge on the sidewall of the left rear tire, the one that rolled over the curb, definately wasn't there last night. I dropped a colleague off at the office and headed up to the Lexus dealership (12 miles, 7 of them highway) and by the time I get there the bulge has doubled in size and a blowout is definately iminent. I mentioned it to the cashier and she said that happens ALL the time on their loaner ES (most of which have these Bridgestones).

Scary...quiet maybe but wouldn't want them on my car.