Sirius Radio Question

When I bought my gs300 awd in Dec, my sales rep told me that they(whoever they are) are working on a new Sirius module/receiver that can be FULLY integrated with our cars. Much like XM is now. Fully integrated meaning that the receiver can be installed in the trunk for example, plugged in to the head unit and voila. The timeline for this new receiver is sometime this spring.

I have a 2006 GS300AWD Loaded. I wanted to get Siruis installed but dealerships are telling me that they are being recalled. Does anyone know anything about this? Will Sirius be availble and when?

Thanks

I just bought my GS 300AWD last week and opted for Sirius. I was told they're backordered to finish ironing out an issue w/ Sirius sat. radio. It will be fully integrated into the existing car stereo w/ the antenna mounting inside the front windshield (this is what I was told anyway). They said it should be available by April and I'm to bring my car back for them to install it then.

• 4 months later...

I just bought my GS 300AWD last week and opted for Sirius. I was told they're backordered to finish ironing out an issue w/ Sirius sat. radio. It will be fully integrated into the existing car stereo w/ the antenna mounting inside the front windshield (this is what I was told anyway). They said it should be available by April and I'm to bring my car back for them to install it then.

Hello,

I have sirius radio in my car. Like you have mentioned, the antenna is mounted in side the front windshield in case you're wondering. You don't notice it that much because it sticks right behind the rear view mirror.

Any idea if Lexus will come out w/ an upgrade for the stereo display to utilize the entire screen, rather than only displaying a portion of the title and artist, while the rest is cut off? Doesn't make sense when over 1/2 the screen isn't utilized.

Hello,

I have sirius radio in my car. Like you have mentioned, the antenna is mounted in side the front windshield in case you're wondering. You don't notice it that much because it sticks right behind the rear view mirror.

• 2 weeks later...

When I bought my gs300 awd in Dec, my sales rep told me that they(whoever they are) are working on a new Sirius module/receiver that can be FULLY integrated with our cars. Much like XM is now. Fully integrated meaning that the receiver can be installed in the trunk for example, plugged in to the head unit and voila. The timeline for this new receiver is sometime this spring.

I have a 2006 GS300AWD Loaded. I wanted to get Siruis installed but dealerships are telling me that they are being recalled. Does anyone know anything about this? Will Sirius be availble and when?

Thanks

They have had a fully integrated SIRIUS radio for some time. I bought my car in July of last year and they installed it.

I'm not sure what kind of recall there would be...mine works perfectly except for the fact that half the song title and artist get cut off, but that happens with XM too

• 3 months later...

I bought my 06 GS300AWD with Nav in August 06 the dealer included Sirius but could not install it at that time. I was just told this week that all Kits for the ES and GS have been recalled and that while there is no official word from Corporate Lexus, it may be because Lexus struck an exclusive deal with XM and they will not be offering Sirius. The dealer has offered XM instead at no cost. All who want Sirius for the programming should write to Lexus and voice our dissatisfaction with this development.