Cigarette Lighter Stopped Working!

This past weekend I was using an air compressor powered from my cig. lighter. I didn't have the car running, just with the ignition switched on. I ran the compressor for about 6 or 7 minutes straight before the power to my cig. lighter just completely died. Everything else in and on the car was still fully powered.

I checked the lighter fuse in the kick-panel inside the cabin next to the brake pedal. Plus, I even checked to see if something was blown in the main fuse box under the hood - NOTHING. All fuses were good. I know it's not the compressor that's bad, because the lighter doesn't even pop-up anymore from pushing it in to get a light. Then I thought, maybe I just need to run the engine a while and whatever's tripped will reset itself...NOPE!

Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks.

This past weekend I was using an air compressor powered from my cig. lighter. I didn't have the car running, just with the ignition switched on. I ran the compressor for about 6 or 7 minutes straight before the power to my cig. lighter just completely died. Everything else in and on the car was still fully powered.

I checked the lighter fuse in the kick-panel inside the cabin next to the brake pedal. Plus, I even checked to see if something was blown in the main fuse box under the hood - NOTHING. All fuses were good. I know it's not the compressor that's bad, because the lighter doesn't even pop-up anymore from pushing it in to get a light. Then I thought, maybe I just need to run the engine a while and whatever's tripped will reset itself...NOPE!

Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks.

Yes, just solved this yesterday. There is a fusable link right at where the power connects to the lighter socket. You need to remove the top of the console to get to it. Then look carefully at the small piece of wire (about a half inch) that runs from the center connector post to a crimped connector that actually makes the connection to the lighter itself. There is a thin fiber washer separating the two sections to isolate them.

On mine the link looked okay, but I removed the fiber washer and it works now. Now my radar detector has power...