New To Lexus Family

1994LS400

:cries:

I just purchased a 1994 LS 400.

The instrument cluster is out but comes back on after about an hour or so of driving. The climate control is blacked out but comes back on after an hour or so.

Does anybody have similar electrical problems?

Thanks,

David

Hey David, how's it going? man those needles must be a big problem... so big you must've missed the first PIN, so here it is for you

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=1397

also try using the "Search" function. saved my life many-a-times.

and also WELCOME :cheers:

I have no problem sending it out to be fixed. I was just thinking it might be more than just the display. When the car warms up after about an hour of driving, the interior power window buttons, climate control lcd, and all the other lights start to work. I am wondering if it is not an electrical problem. I thought there might be some moisture somewhere so I left the car running for about 4hours.

The problem came back quickly after the car was sitting cold.

Thanks.

Hey David, how's it going? man those needles must be a big problem... so big you must've missed the first PIN, so here it is for you

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=1397

also try using the "Search" function. saved my life many-a-times.

and also WELCOME :cheers:

I have no problem sending it out to be fixed. I was just thinking it might be more than just the display. When the car warms up after about an hour of driving, the interior power window buttons, climate control lcd, and all the other lights start to work. I am wondering if it is not an electrical problem. I thought there might be some moisture somewhere so I left the car running for about 4hours.

Thanks.

I suggest u send the whole instrument cluster to Jim, he is the perfect guy as he has years of experience in doing this. He looks into every aspect of failure and gets the job done for half the cost. I suggest u not to repair it unless u have the expertise and the right tools. These are delicate and needs to repairs at utmost car and ambient temprature. cheers

Thanks.

It is most likely to be the capacitors that are failing as per the link above, but when I first got my gen 1 I had unstable "combination meter" lighting. After a bad power steering pump killed my alternator and I had it replaced, the problem has never shown up again.

Good luck!