Replacing Old Analog Phone

Ztr5

Ok, I have 2000 Lx470 and for the last few years I've had this nice Analog cell phone in the center console that really doesn't do much more then take up space. I realized now with the cell phone law being passed in cars that i need to get a more organized setup going for my current cell phone and I figured wut better way to do this then to replace my old analog phone with a cradle and such for my new phone.

The charger part and cradle arent a big deal because there is a 12v outlet right under the phone that i can use but I would like to know if there is anyway i can salvage some apsects of the old phone, aka the speak, hands free bottons, stereo mute etc. with my new phone.

Im open to any suggestions that would make it more convenient to opperate my phone while driving.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest that you use advanced search to search for past posts about "phone" and "mute" from Blake918 and me. It is possible to use some features of the OEM phone system with newer aftermarket phone kits including Bluetooth kits.