Rear Suspension 1st Generation

Arkansawyer

I know this has probably been discussed at one point or another but trying to put all the info into one thread.

OK guys I haven't finished the front yet but I have started looking at what I will need for the rear suspension and what is available.

Correct me if I am wrong but there appears to be an upper arm, front arm, rear arm and strut rod.

ADUS lists several bushings for the rear of the LS400. Are all of these poly?

Shadow, you say there is a Cressida bushing that can be used? More specifics please.

It looks as though to get OEM or rubber bushings I have to buy the arms and strut rods?

What else I am missing that needs to be replaced?

Thanks guys.

for rear bushings i would check out l-tunedparts.com. i think the ones they sell are custom made (prob because daizen's still aren't out) i was thinking about doing a front and rear suspension rebuild. if you post pics i'll give you some good info? j/k here you go. i'd read the alignment theory first, make sure most things are still in spec then move on from there. the manual basically says "Replace what's Broken." So here you go! Good Luck :cheers:

Theory

wheel_alignment_theory_operation.pdf

Specs

wheel_alignment_specs_and_procedures.pdf

complete rear R & I

suspension_rear.pdf

Ride Height

riding_height_adjustment.pdf

yeah those blow-up pics of the car components are priceless! let me know if you need more, because believe me, i have more! :cheers:

Would you please post the Front Suspension too.

Thank you very much.

Just replaced the carrier and lower control arm bush on my car with ADUS bushes and what a difference its made. I can't believe how tight the car feels now. Lexus don't make replacement parts for these and only supply the entire carrier axle for lots of $$$$. When i received the lower contol arm bush it had on the packet it was for a ls400 & Cresseda. The ADUS bushes are all poly.

Sil-Glyde is a recommended applicant for the polyurethane bushings. I've greased my bushings as a temporary fix but I think the real question is how long with these bushings stay squeek-free without having to relube. Some owners have ended up re-installing their rubber bushings after the noise was unbearable. Others have suggested installing grease fittings which seems like a logical solution.

I talked to a retailer of Daizen Bushings and he said that most of the squeeks are coming from do-it-yourselfers who have improperly lubed or installed the bushings incorrectly in the first place. I can't understand how someone could mess up the job? If you are using the correct part and being extremely generous with the grease?

Since I prefer the softer OEM ride I am going to stick with rubber except for the upper control arms - or maybe I'll wait it out until someone finally sells them in rubber! Geez, they make them for the lowers, is it simply about profit to make us buy the whole assembly?

post-15115-1141095307_thumb.jpg