Swirl Removers

What do you guys think about 3m swirl remover?

My swirls keep coming back and its because everytime I wash the car, the "filling/filler" (whatever) washes off. No car wash..hand wash. Careful handwash I might add.

So there is really no way of getting rid of swirls permanently correct? Just have to keep using swirl remover....???

No, aren't you the guy I did the car for at one point?

You absolutely can remove the swirls, but a product isn't going to do it, the proper process coupled with the proper tools is what will remove the swirls. You don't NEED a PC, but it definately will make it a lot easier.

The Black Onyx is pretty easy to remove the swirls from too, but its also very easy to swirl.

The real trick once you've removed the swirls is to make sure they don't come back. A black car with paint as soft as it is on the Lexus will need to be machine polished once a year REGARDLESS of who washes it. Mine really needs a polish right now (and its not even black) as practiced as I am about safely washing, if its daily driven it gets bonded contaminents, people brush up against it when its dirty, etc.

What are you using when you wash?

What types of mitts or sponges, what types of towels?

Are you adequately pre-rinsing, are you adequately rinsing, do you try and sheet water off to keep from having to touch it as much as possible?

How regularly do you wax it, what do you use when you wax it, what types of applicators, what type of towels, what type of wax?

Do you use any kind of quick detailing product? What types of towels are you using with them?

Lots more info we need. My guess is though, that yes you probably are just filling the swirls with the 3M SMR, but I know you've had pros work on it, that you're probably creating new swirls somehow in your washing/drying/waxing process.