Rear Window Reflection; Rough Ride 2006

dbj

I purchased a 2006 for my wife replacing her '97 ES. Two complaints, a rear window reflection of the shelf behind the back seat and the sun deflector (when down). This is seen in all weather conditions and doesn't improve with a change in seat position. Also rides "very bumpy" after 20 mph compared to her '97. I can see the reflection and it is annoying. I notice the bumpy ride but I drive a GX 470 and everything is relative. I've checked the tires and pressure. Unfortunately, I don't think I can blow these complaints off. Any advice appreciated. dbj

You said you checked the tire pressure, what pressure are you running?

I've driven 05s and 06s with the 17" wheels and while they ride firmer than my 3 with 16s, the ride isn't that different. I bet the tire pressure is too high.

As for the reflection, what color is your interior? Might not be anything you can do about that. Mine's black and I've never noticed or been bothered by such a reflection.

You said you checked the tire pressure, what pressure are you running?

I've driven 05s and 06s with the 17" wheels and while they ride firmer than my 3 with 16s, the ride isn't that different. I bet the tire pressure is too high.

As for the reflection, what color is your interior? Might not be anything you can do about that. Mine's black and I've never noticed or been bothered by such a reflection.

i noticed a difference in ride qualty when i put my 17's on...it rode rougher..

That should be the right pressure, what type of tires are on the vehicle?

You might want to play with increasing the pressure a couple pounds to maybe 30 and see what that does.

As for the reflection, I had a feeling it was probably beige, not sure what you'll be able to do about that aside from getting used to it.