Need Some Help

ionlyridelex

I need a little advice on what to do with my 1993 LS. About two weeks ago the thing just stop running. When i tried to start it back up it acted as if it was out of gas. When the tow truck driver came he said there's a fuel rest in these cars and i should try and find it.

I was going to try and sell the car but now i don't think I'll be able to because I'm not sure what's wrong with it. The car has 300,000 miles on it with a little damage to the corner passenger side. I had a few people that wanted to buy the car but now they don't want it because i don't know what the problem is.

So what i like to know is there a fuel rest on my car? And is it a good idea to sell the car for it's parts? I'm in Baltimore does anybody know a junk yard that would buy my car or would it be best to just put an AD in a few of the local papers?

The inside of the car is in mint condition the seats are not dry or cut the only problem is the blacked out clock. For the outside of the car there is the damage i talked about before. If i sold the car for parts how much could i be looking at ?

Sorry the picture are so big

lexus.jpg

lexuss.jpg

lexusss.jpg

On a side note i just picked up my new car a 1997 LS 400 i love these cars

If you were inclined you could actually sell some parts off of it before taking it to a salvage yard. There are many folks here who I'm sure would love to buy different items.

I for one am needing the power window switch just above the parking brake release.

Just a thought.

post it in the buy/sell forums

I'm still a new member i have not made enough post yet. I guess i'll have to wait to do that. It might be just as easy to call around and try to find a junk yard that will give me a good deal. Selling the parts on my own might get me more money out of the deal but i cant keep the car in front of my house to long. If i put the car on EBay do you all think people from other states would think about getting my car knowing they cant just drive it away?

does the car crank but not spark?or when you turn the key nothing happens at all? do the lights come on? what part of b-more are you in?i used to liveon the east side for a couple of years, i might pass through and check it out

Find someone slightly more qualified to repair cars than a tow truck driver, like an independant Toyota or Lexus shop, and have them diagnose the engine properly. It may be a very small thing that is causing the no start condition. If it is, you will get way more money for the car running. If is isn't then parting it out may be the best solution. But get a proper diagnosis first.

does the car crank but not spark?or when you turn the key nothing happens at all? do the lights come on? what part of b-more are you in?i used to liveon the east side for a couple of years, i might pass through and check it out

When it first happened when i tried to start it back up it acted like it was out of gas or something. Now when i go and try to start it lights and all come on Just wont turn over to start a few months ago i had the car looked at and the guy told me the timing belt was dry and cracked so it might have broke. I'm in Patapsco area of Baltimore almost in glen burnie five min out

Find someone slightly more qualified to repair cars than a tow truck driver, like an independant Toyota or Lexus shop, and have them diagnose the engine properly. It may be a very small thing that is causing the no start condition. If it is, you will get way more money for the car running. If is isn't then parting it out may be the best solution. But get a proper diagnosis first.

I would have to get the car towed to the shop. Then the dealer charges $90 and hour plus they might not find out what the problem is. I think im looking at maybe $500 just to find the problem. Then i would still have to get it fixed. I'm thinking a total of $800-$1,000. The car has over 300,000 miles so i was not looking for that much money while it was running. If i could still get $1,000 out of the car I'm happy. I'm ready to get some rims for the 97 LS 400 i got last week