Front Door Speakers What Do You Recommend

baddis

I have a 95 ES 300 and I change my front door speakers to 500 watt no name brand and then a 100 watt Pioneer. The problem is none of them sound good. I read somewhere on forum that I might need a mid base or small woofer because the front only push base. I don't wish to change amp or back speakers. Has anyone just change the front speakers to something that sound good with base turn up? What do you recommend list brand and model type please.

:unsure:

Ditch the stock headunit, ditch the stock amp.

Infinity Kappa.

Buy everything off eBay.

That's too much work I want to go the easy way by just changing the speakers. Did you test the Infinity with stock amp before changing it if so how did it sound?

don't want to go all out just need something that sound good with base turn up

I can't speak for every speaker, or every setup.

But the basic thing to me is to get quality, you need quality speakers & most of them take a little power to drive. The stock amps are driving 5-10, 15 watt 6*9's max paper speakers. So regardless of how good the speaker sounds, there is gonna be some BLAH as the volume goes up.

No I ditched everything at one time. I'm driving some stuff off my HU.

Ditch the stock headunit, ditch the stock amp.

Infinity Kappa.

Buy everything off eBay.

That's too much work I want to go the easy way by just changing the speakers. Did you test the Infinity with stock amp before changing it if so how did it sound?

don't want to go all out just need something that sound good with base turn up

Lots of info about this subject here on this forum if you search.

I had a blown front speaker, I intended to do exactly what you are talking about. Replace only both door speakers with something "better". I did a lot of research here on this forum and elsewhere to find the right equipment.

My answer?? Don't do it. Speakers, amp, headunit are all matched, designed to work together. Replacing one part makes the whole thing worse.

I ended up ordering a new "stock" replacement door speaker from Lexus. Cost about $150 CDN. That's a bit expensive, BUT - it plopped right in the door, a couple of screws, plug in the wires - DONE!! in a few minutes. No cutting, filing, drilling, adapting wiring harnesses, plugs, etc. etc. like with aftermarket parts. Worth the cost for the ease of installation alone, IMHO.

Sound quality was FAR better than before the swap. My original speaker must have been slowly deteriorating before it blew out, because the sound with the new speaker was noticeably improved. Love it now!

If all you want is more bass - leave the stock stereo equipment in place and add a small powered sub in the trunk. Fairly easy to do - search and ye shall find directions.

If you are really determined to "upgrade" - rip it all out and replace everything, as Toysrme suggested above. Only way to do it and be happy with the results. Not necessary, IMHO again.

tck...

• 2 months later...