Door

I have a 95 Lexus sc400 and my passenger side door will open from the inside, but not the out side. I 'm trying to figure out how to take the inside door panel off without messing up....:whistles:

This is for a GS but it should get you in the ballpark.

gs_door_panel_removal.bmp

Here the instruction in more detail. I had the same problem in the driver side of my 94 SC400. What you'll find when you get the door panel off is a rod that fell off because of a broken plastic piece that is suppose to hold the rod in place. I called Lexus and they wanted over a hundred dollar for the whole door handle assembly. I went to a wreckage yard and pick one up for free (gave a couple of dollars for the children's donation box).

Good luck.

door_removal.doc

Here the instruction in more detail. I had the same problem in the driver side of my 94 SC400. What you'll find when you get the door panel off is a rod that fell off because of a broken plastic piece that is suppose to hold the rod in place. I called Lexus and they wanted over a hundred dollar for the whole door handle assembly. I went to a wreckage yard and pick one up for free (gave a couple of dollars for the children's donation box).

Good luck.

Looks like you got all the help you need. Let us know how it turns out. :cheers:

Yahoo!!! Awesome, that worked. I will be going to the local junkyard tomorrow to get the piece. You guys just save me a lot of money. Thanks… Yeaaahhh !! :D

We accept donations....................

Glad you figured it out :cheers: Post pix. ;)

• 6 months later...

Good luck.

Is this doc available anywhere else? It seems to be dead now. I'm having the same problem on my 92 SC400 where the drivers side door is jammed. I need a way to take everything off and fix it without being able to open the door.

Thanks,

Rob