Repair Advice/input - Help Appreciated!

NCGuy

I have several repairs that I need to get done and am wondering if there is a repair guide that is available for the 1994 LS400. At one time I looked, but Chilton, et al did not have one. I'd like to get one just to have as a reference. Any suggestions on available resources would be great!

However, any help folks on here can provide is appreciated. Here is what I need to fix...

Passenger side a/c vent: the open/close adjuster has been pushed into the vent and the ven'ts air flow regulator has been pushed in as well. Need to know how to remove and replace.

Tail lights: How do you get into these to replace them? I took a look a couple of years ago when I needed to tail light, but couldn't figure it out and didn't want to break something. However, now I need another light and would like to just replace it on my own.

LCD: I read the pinned topic and will fix this later.

Shock/strut/bushing noise: Whenever I go over a speed bump/hump, especially on a colder day, I hear a creaking noise. Repair advisor said that it is just cold day noises. However, I don't think it should make this noise.

Thanks in advance for any input, etc...

Many times, not always, it is the sway (aka stabilizer) bar bushings. I picked up 2 for the front for about $10 a piece. They were pretty straightforward to install, just two bolts on each. Do a search on sway bar bushings or stabilizer bar bushings and I'm sure you'll find a lot of info on them. Here's one tip, I sprayed silicone on the bar to ease putting the bushings on as they were kind of tight.

As for the workshop manual, lexls.com contains info on how you can obtain a factory shop manual here:

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/repairmanual.html

If I remember correctly, each corner taillight has two (or 3?) nuts on the side that must be removed. You need to pull back the trunk padding slightly to get to them. Then you carefully pull back (requires some force, put some padding on your bumper to protect it from scratches). I believe lexls.com has info on that as well.

Many times, not always, it is the sway (aka stabilizer) bar bushings. I picked up 2 for the front for about $10 a piece. They were pretty straightforward to install, just two bolts on each. Do a search on sway bar bushings or stabilizer bar bushings and I'm sure you'll find a lot of info on them. Here's one tip, I sprayed silicone on the bar to ease putting the bushings on as they were kind of tight.

As for the workshop manual, lexls.com contains info on how you can obtain a factory shop manual here:

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/repairmanual.html

If I remember correctly, each corner taillight has two (or 3?) nuts on the side that must be removed. You need to pull back the trunk padding slightly to get to them. Then you carefully pull back (requires some force, put some padding on your bumper to protect it from scratches). I believe lexls.com has info on that as well.

There is a web site called TIS where you can get for $10, a day subscription, and download the entire manual.

Do I hear a SeaHawk in the house??? ILM 28401 ???

Your car problems are very common on these cars. The creaking noise you hear is probably related to the front strut rods. Look under your car in the front...see that steel bar that is attached to the lower control arm and the front of the wheel well? That's your strut rod #10 in the attachment. Or quite possible #7 in the picture, your stabalizer bar bushing. Or, control arm bushings. It really depends, but it usually starts with the strut rod(s) and/or stabalizer bar bushings. How many miles do you have on your car again?

The website this picture came from is www.lexuspartsonline.com which can be found from www.parts.com, along with several other lexus online parts vendors. I use these guys myself.

The repair manual.....do a search for the TIS site, or maybe someone will post up that web address here again. Also, www.lexls.com IS YOUR FRIEND. You'll love that site as it covers just about every common day problem on the LS in a very easy, hands on approach. I would have to say that nearly everyone on here has probably used it in form or fashion before. I have a 95 LS400, and is a little different in design, but I use that site for my fluid changes and such....excellent site!

So.....Wilmington?

post-15797-1138914390_thumb.jpg

Nice!! I love Docksides!

My sunroof will leak in the front, above the light switch every few months. Mine is due to a dirty contact point for the seal and the metal. I usually clean the metal, and the rubber seal, then apply a very think layer of silicone based lubrication on the rubber seal. This always fixes mine. Make sure you lubricate the seal!! Otherwise, when you go to open up your sunroof, the rubber will stick to the metal and tear the rubber.

My sunroof will leak in the front, above the light switch every few months. Mine is due to a dirty contact point for the seal and the metal. I usually clean the metal, and the rubber seal, then apply a very think layer of silicone based lubrication on the rubber seal. This always fixes mine. Make sure you lubricate the seal!! Otherwise, when you go to open up your sunroof, the rubber will stick to the metal and tear the rubber.

Have you cleaned out the drains? I used to have that problem when it rained really, really hard, but since cleaning the drains, it seems to have helped a lot. ;)

Have you cleaned out the drains? I used to have that problem when it rained really, really hard, but since cleaning the drains, it seems to have helped a lot. ;)

Heck, I got some liquid draino under the sink in the kitchen, where do I pour the stuff?

How many miles do you have on your car again?

Overlooked answering, sorry....