2005 Stereo In A 2001 No Power To Cd

upbshaw

I bought my 2001 IS300 with a bad CD player in it. The radio worked fine but the trays in the CD player were broken. I bought a 2005 stereo that was taken out of a new car assuming that it would work. While the radio works fine, the CD player does not seem to get power. When I press the load button, no lights and the load door does not open. The plugs in the back seem to be identical. I checked the fuses and they seem fine as well.

Any suggestions? upbshaw@yahoo.com

• 3 years later...
I bought my 2001 IS300 with a bad CD player in it. The radio worked fine but the trays in the CD player were broken. I bought a 2005 stereo that was taken out of a new car assuming that it would work. While the radio works fine, the CD player does not seem to get power. When I press the load button, no lights and the load door does not open. The plugs in the back seem to be identical. I checked the fuses and they seem fine as well.

Any suggestions? upbshaw@yahoo.com

'91 LS 400 with changer in trunk. Same problem with factory Pioneer system. I put in the 6 CD cartridge and all of a sudden, no power to CD. It won't even eject the cartridge becuase it's a power eject! I hope somebody comes up with a clue. I'll be watching your thread.

bgresearch@hotmail