Low Battery Or Clock Problem?

ebeem

I have a 2000 RX300 that the clock has started resetting to 1:00 when I start the car after a cold night. I thought it sounded like something that would happen if the battery is getting low. I called the service dept at Lexus dealership (120 miles away) said they said it probably is the battery. However, a local Goodyear service center ran a check on the battery and the alternator and both checked out okay. Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas?

You need a new battery

The battery checked out good. Have you had this problem? I haven't had a problem since the battery was checked, but have only had one cold night since. I thought maybe something was loose and gotten tightened when battery was checked. ???

I have a 2000 RX300 that the clock has started resetting to 1:00 when I start the car after a cold night. I thought it sounded like something that would happen if the battery is getting low. I called the service dept at Lexus dealership (120 miles away) said they said it probably is the battery. However, a local Goodyear service center ran a check on the battery and the alternator and both checked out okay. Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas?

Let me add a new area to look at. Ground Hog Day? You know, every day is the same until you do something good?

;)

Gary

way to go Steelers