Navigation Not Tracking

My navigation is functioning but as I move, the car does not track the road closely and plots destinations incorrectly. The margin of error is small (less than a mile) but it is concerning. Is there a way to calibrate? The system DVD has not been updated since the original '02 version - will this correct? Thanks for any help.

My navigation is functioning but as I move, the car does not track the road closely and plots destinations incorrectly. The margin of error is small (less than a mile) but it is concerning. Is there a way to calibrate? The system DVD has not been updated since the original '02 version - will this correct? Thanks for any help.

Get the update and all should be fine.

First, is the GPS icon visible at the top left of the map screen? If the GPS icon is missing you are not getting proper reception of the satellites. Could either be that the GPS antenna or receiver has failed. Also have you noticed if the vehicle icon 'skips' when driving? Does it take time after taking corners to reposition the vehicle icon?

Second, their is a calibration feature. Press the MENU panel button, touch SETUP, then touch CALIBRATION at the bottom. Touch ADJUST THE CURRENT POSITION to position the vehicle. If after doing this and driving for a few hours the vehicle positioning is off again something is effecting the systems performance.

Make sure no FM broadcasting devices (FM modulated transmitters such as XM Road or Sirius satellite receivers) are near the GPS antennna. Same goes for radar detectors. If this is the case move them away from the center of the dash to resolve the issue.

Lastly, if the map database is old you should get a new update. The map disc is simply a database of the roads, interstates, addresses, telephone numbers and so on... it does not impact the positioning accuracy of the vehicle icon.