Trunk Lid Not Staying Up/front Lights Yellowing.

L A Len

one or two of your gas struts are blown on your trunk. they are like 100 bucks each at the dealer so take on off and try to compress it if you can then its that one, if you cant or its really hard then put it back on and test the other one. it may be that both are blown. and take the sample with you to the parts guy cuz there are like 3 different mounts and he needs to see which one it is.

for your headlights you can take some mother's metal polish(or any other paste metal polish) and rub out the yellow. it may take a few applications but it will shine like new after its done. then maybe take some cleaner wax and clean off the light then wax it. that will keep your headlights from yellowing longer than just polishing them.

• 10 months later...
Where are these struts located? I just checked my trunk and don't have a clue. My trunk stays up on level ground but if there is any slope at all it won't stay up.

To get to your trunk struts you have to bend back the carpeted wall. Its really simple, all you do is simply pull it back, its connected by clips so its no problem. You will see both your struts there one on each side. By the way, try checking ebay for those struts, i've seen them both for sale for pretty cheap. Good Luck.