Rx300 Headlight

lexdog

Im a bit confused here and am not sure what my options are. I own a 2001 Rx300. I recently upgrade my OEM head lights to Sylvania Silverstar 9006 after about 3 months one of them burned out. :cries:

I've been searching through the posts and have read very different things so I need to clarity.

1. I read you could upgrade to Xenon if I had 2001 to 2003 headlight body ?

Q: Is this true ?

Q. Is Xenon the same as HID ?

Q: Does Xenon require additional hardware like HID ?

2. I read all of the post stating the Sylvania Silverstar were the best upgrade for clear Halogen

but Im not in complete agreement with this. I did a very clean install making sure I didnt touch the lamp

and it burned out in 3 months...

Q: Does anybody have any opinions on other brands like Piaa, Hella, Phillips ect ect..

HID lamps include xenon bulbs instead of halogen lamps. When someone says HID, they're talking about xenon.

You can replace the headlight(s) units on any rx300, 99 - 03. They all have the same size headlights.

The only difference between the HID units and the halogen units (what you have now) is the fact that HID has an auto-leveling system ( a little motor that moves the headlight up and down). If your rx300 currently does not have HID, it's a pain to get the HID to work.

The HID bulbs are much different than the halogen bulbs.

I have never used the sylvania bulbs so i can't tell you about them.