Sc400 Electric Fan Swap Wiring A/c And Ingnition?

JIBBBY

I am just about finished with my 1992 SC400 Dual electric fan swap, however, I am now at the final stage where the wiring of the electric fans need to connect with the ignition wiring and A/C wiring. Conventional thinking suggests to run wires to the fuse box, locate the source and connect that way. After thinking about it I thought I would post and get some opinions on that. I need to access the ignition wiring so as to when I shut off the car the fans will not continue to run long after, also when I turn on the A/C I want the fans to turn on as well. Any thoughts on the best and most reliable way to connect to these sources? Here is a pic of the wiring diagram for the fans....

post-13978-1138159090.jpg

post-13978-1138159122_thumb.jpg

I would connect the fans motor to the battery then run a relay to turn them on.

Now in regards to having 2 separate turn on remote wires , one from the a/c (only activated when the car is on) and the other for temp you would need to add 2 diodes to direct the current flow.

By having the fans from the battery it will have full power rather than from the fuse system.

Run the turn on wire from the fuse box to a switched fuse as any will do as it is only for a relay turn on and not really powering anything.

Do you really want it to be able to keep running after the car is off?

Sk, that is exactly what I had in mind, I will power direct from battery and have a relay as shown in the diagram.. Thanks for the reasurance, much appreciated... In regards to your question do you still want the fan running after the car shuts off?, the answer is no... and that is why I want to wire in a relay to the ignition fuse. Thanks again...