Sound Volume Low On Dvd And Sirius Satellite Radio

lexme

I noticed that sound from DVD (original) is lower than AM and FM for my 2006 GX. I had to turn the volume to 40-50 in order to hear the DVD sound comparing to 20 if I have FM on. I also installed a Sirius satellite radio and its sound volume is similar to DVD. This is problemetic when I switch from DVD (or Satellite Radio) to FM :o . Does anyone know a way to adjust the sound volume by source?

I noticed that sound from DVD (original) is lower than AM and FM for my 2006 GX. I had to turn the volume to 40-50 in order to hear the DVD sound comparing to 20 if I have FM on. I also installed a Sirius satellite radio and its sound volume is similar to DVD. This is problemetic when I switch from DVD (or Satellite Radio) to FM :o . Does anyone know a way to adjust the sound volume by source?

I would imagine there is a way to adjust the volumn levels on the CD and DVD system like there is for the Bluetooth volumn adjustment. It must be buried in the software somewhere. I know when I switch from the CD changer to FM, I have to lower the volumn quite a bit to make it bearable to my ears. Anyone with the service manual can probably research it.

Hi Lexme,

I asked the SAME question when I first got my GX last year. Everyone claimed then there was no seperate LINE level adjustment for the DVD RES system in the back. My family has sort of gotten used to it by now, but I'm still "googling" to see if there exists a "FIX" for this... Will keep you posted, if a fix is found...

Hi Lexme,

I asked the SAME question when I first got my GX last year. Everyone claimed then there was no seperate LINE level adjustment for the DVD RES system in the back. My family has sort of gotten used to it by now, but I'm still "googling" to see if there exists a "FIX" for this... Will keep you posted, if a fix is found...

Seems like no body found an answer yet. I am going to ask the dealer this week and will share it here if there is a solution.

There is really no separate control for the DVD Sound Level at least no hardware potentiometer that adjusts it, it is all in the software. I have not seen any controls for it in the software of the NAV either... DVDs are ALWAYS lower in volume then CDs just so you know, its the nature of the beast since they are 5.1 encoded. I am pretty sure that we will have to live with it... since all signals are processed in the multi-function unit then sent to the AMP then to speakers so increasing signal levels from the unit will change ALL signals, as far as increasing signal levels from the DVD, well that is a different matter, I would not touch those since these are pre-amp level signals and you can overload the circuit then again... the only way to do this would be to measure the actual levels coming in from CD changer vs. DVD player I can post the REPAIR MANUAL DIAGRAMS if you wish to measure the voltage yourself, SHOULD be the same..

Hi Lexme,

Hi Lexme,

Seems like no body found an answer yet. I am going to ask the dealer this week and will share it here if there is a solution.

I have asked the dealer, and the response is "NOPE". :chairshot:

It really is an annoying "feature" of the DVD player to have a lower electronic output. You would have thought that when ever they designed the system and than executed it, SOMEONE would have noticed. I know I did the FIRST time I used the DVD player and than switched back. Hmmm .... OK, I blame the Mark Levinson Designers. Maybe, they will get really annoyed at that comment and berate the Lexus designers and SOMEONE will determine a way to correct it. :lol: