New Member, New Lexus Owner

Hello,

I am new to both this forum and also the Lexus Experience. I will say that I am glad that I joined both!! I spent some time yesterday and read many informational topics on the past IS series. Now that I own a new IS I am looking for a few answers that someone out there may already know about.

1. I place KN filters in every automobile I have owned for the simple fact of not ever having to replace it. Also to mention small increases in MPG and horsepower. Anyone out there have an ETA when KN will release a filter for this car? I have the 2.5l

2. My vehicle came with standard halogen lights. PIAA offers a very good Brilliant White light for the fogs and low/high beams. How in the world do you get to the lights to replace the bulbs? Do you go through the fender well?? The lights are practically set in the fender.

3. I realize the car is new, when will the aftermarket take control of accessories for this car?? I am itching for things to do to it.

I also have a bit of advice to share:

If you get your new IS window tinted the 3rd brake light is removable so the tinter can tint behind it. It looks silly as being cut out, trust me I found out the hard way. It goes back to the tinter for a redo tomorrow!

I look forward to topics and discussions/learning as I go along. Thanks for your readings/responses

Toby

Edited by TOBY

1. K&N has just put out the call for cars to test their new IS intake. Haven't heard anything about a drop in filter yet.

2. To get to the low beam lights you have to remove the airbox on the passenger side and the washer fluid filler neck on the driver side. It's not easy but some people have done it to do a HID conversion. It's all done from above with the hood open. Some have done the fog lights too. There you have to go in from the fender well.

3. Luxury Motor Works already has an intake available and is testing an exhaust system. The OEM body kits are now available from dealers or online from Carson Lexus. Blitz showed a car with body kit, a supercharger, and some other stuff. Not sure when any of that will be available.

4. There are files from the owner's manual posted as stickies at the top of this forum. A handy reference.

Edited by bartkat