Navigation Video Interface For Is 250 Or Is 350

;) Has anybody yet have been able to get a working navigation video interface on thier IS 250 yet?

I have attemted to do so, i purchased a part from this company called gnet canada and they sent me a product that they thought would work but does not. if there is anyboy out there with concrete info on a working interface please let me know

I am looking for this info as well... i ordered a IS350 WITHOUT mark levinson sound.. and now I am being told that dvd's will only work on this car if they have Mark Lev package..

kind of bummed about this... anyone know of way to make this work?

;) Has anybody yet have been able to get a working navigation video interface on thier IS 250 yet?

I have attemted to do so, i purchased a part from this company called gnet canada and they sent me a product that they thought would work but does not. if there is anyboy out there with concrete info on a working interface please let me know

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought the '06 IS350 ... picking it up tomorrow :) The salesperson told me that in order to trigger the DVD player...you put the car in park, and activate the emergency brake. Even though you (driver) do not need the navigation while driving, they still consider it a distraction and try to protect from watching a movie while driving. I'll give it a try tomorrow after I pick my car up .... oh, and I did get the Mark Levison audio package. :)

i got the Mark Levinson package as well. The salesman said there is a hack so the DVD will play while driving. Not sure if this will work on the IS350, but I found this info:

this information has been posted earlier but is worth repeating. while this information works for lx470's up to 2002, it is up to you to check if the wiring for your vehicle is the same. you can watch dvd's on the navigation screen with a simple 15 minute fix. pull the wood panel off from the center of the dash. there are two clips towards the outside of the top of the panel and two about 6 inches down on the sides. remove the electric clock connection on the bottom of the panel and set aside. remove the four screws holding the navigation screen. behind the temp up and down button there is a grey connector. locate and cut the violet wire 2" from the unit. shrink wrap or tape off these wires. this elimimate the speed sensor turning off the video. in the same connector, locate and cut the red wire with the white stripe 4-5" from the unit. shrink wrap or tape off the end that goes to the wiring harness. strip the end coming from the unit and ground it to the top left screw holding the unit in the metal frame. this simulates the emergency brake being on. slip everthing back together and only watch videos while moving ONLY IF YOU ARE THE PASSENGER! many thanks to sal who posted this back in february of 2002. by the way i e-mailed doctor bypass on ebay to ask him what his makes his $95. unit better than this free fix and got no reply.

Hey Vegas Guy! Yeah, I saw that hack...well, not really a hack...more of a modification to wiring to get it to work. Personally, I wouldn't want to do this...being a new car and all.

Here is the detailed way to get it to work in the IS350...I think IS250 as well.

http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193739

Hope its okay to post instructions from another board???

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys just a question:

If you have a backup camera hooked to your nav screen and you try this hack and do all the process required to watch a movies and etc.. on the nav.. but will it have any effect on the back up camera?

They told me in the Mark Levinson only, but the owners manuel makes no refrence to that. Also, my sales person told me it would play DVD'S. A bunch of crap. Oh yea i herd if you ground the PURPLE & YELLOW wire

behind the unit it will play w/o parking break.