99 Rx300 Problems

forexdealer

Hello forum,

I have a 99 RX300,couple of problems to mention.Maybe I can get an answer here.First,my dashboard where all the audios system and the display is making a noise.It's not even noise,it's vibrating,it does sometimes and sometimes just disappears.But it's on most of the time,it's very annoying.

The other problem is antenna,it wouldn't come out,is there anyway to fix it?

welcome, the antenna will probably have to be taken out, can you pull the attenna up manually, if so the mast is broken. You can replace just the mast. As for the dash rattle, are you sure it is not the glove box door? this was a early problem.

thanks for a prompt reply,

I couldn't take out the antenna manually,to be honest,I didn't use too much force,didn't want to break it or something.It comes out to a certain point,like 5 inches maybe,other than that it gets stuck.Can you tell me more about it fixing it?

As for the vibrating noise,when the car drives smooth,it makes this noise,in other ways when I'm on the highway,I don't usually hear it.As soon as I get off the highway and start driving on the streets,it starts making this noise,I don't think it's the glove box,how should I be able to check it to make sure?Is there any way to test it?This noise is really getting me,I hope it's nothing serios.

Dont know about the vibration, but the antenna, do you hear the motor try to go up? If so then the mast is probably damaged, and will have to be replaced. To do so you will have to remove the entire motor assembly. If you are not mechanically inclined then find a trusted mechanic. The Mast with nylon drive belt can be purchased as the dealership or at some of the online Lexus sites.

Maybe this noise is just a dash rattle?The thing is that it only comes off when I drive it,I don't hear it when it's still,even if the engine is running.The other thing,like I said,when I drive it on a smooth surface,it doesn't make that noise.People,please advise!

Also,another quick question.How much is engine tune up?For some reason,my engine is kind of weak,I don't know how to explain it,but when I push the gas pedal,it doesn't make that powerful noise,maybe it's OK,maybe i'm just being too picky.Any advises?

• 1 month later...