93 Es300 Help

rjw_mpwr

Hi,

I have a 93 ES300 with 92k miles on it. I have two problems right now.

1. The power anthena won't retract. Now, it is stuck. I can hear the anthena motor noice when I start or stop the car, like it is trying to do something. I read somewhere that I need to replace the anthena. But by looking at the athena, I cannot figure out how to get it out. Any ideas?

2. I just noticed a few days ago that except the driver side window, the power windows of the other 3 sides are not working. Nothng happens when I push the button. What is the problem?

Thanks

jw

1) There are multiple ways to fix the problem. Search.

2) Take the door panels off & see what's wrong with the switches. Download the factory service manual for instructions on how to do so.

Edited by Toysrme

There can b another reason y ur windows r not going up or down. U probably shut them off. There is a button on the drivers side where u can control the windows.... there is a button to shut off the window opening capabilities. If the button is depressed... then u can't open n e of the windows. So u might want to check from there first.

As for the antenna.... it's the antenna cable. The teeths might have problems. Like wut toys said... u do a search for power antenna... n it would mention the several types of fixes for it. U can also check on ebay. They have the substitute for it... just as long as the motors r running.

If u want... i know i mentioned it for Toysrme *ahem* i mean Santarme.... u can download ur FSM (Factory Service Manual) for ur car. It's a pinned topic at the beginning of the ES forum. But here is the link

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=26449

So if u need n e info on taking things out... use the FSM. But check ebay for the replacement. Remember... as long as the motor is ok... u can get the ones on ebay.