Drop Down Backseat/trunkthroughway?

This is a relatively asinine question but i want to ask it nonetheless. Does the 2006 GS300 AWD have a drop down back seat. Naturally, when i purchased the car a feww weeks ago, i assumed it did because I thought this was a standard feature on any sedan, let alone a luxury sedan. Yet I can't seem to find any levers and I don't see it in the manual...

If it does i know i'm going to feel stupid because it is probably obvious. Maybe my saving grace can be the fact that i have only had it for a few weeks...any help???

Guy and 411 thanks for the help...it was definetly needed..

What about for a 2000 GS400? i can't find anything...

anyone know why l4exus did not put in folding back seats? mym mom's 1995 toyota camry had one...i thought these were suppose to be luxary vehicles?

What about for a 2000 GS400? i can't find anything...

anyone know why l4exus did not put in folding back seats? mym mom's 1995 toyota camry had one...i thought these were suppose to be luxary vehicles?

No, not in 2000 GSxxx either. Aparently, the definition of Luxury has little to do with if your seat folds down. Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, nor Volvo (and many others) did not have such an option for many years.

Years ago, Volvo eluded to the fact that items in the trunk may injure rear passengers if they traveled forward through the space where the folding seat opening would be, in the event of an accident. Their solution was to install a rather bomb-proof steel panel behind the rear seat; hence no folding seat.

Mercedes Benz had yet another idea. They put the fuel tank directly between the wheel wells behind the back seat. They thought that was a safe place for it. Well, no folding seat there either.

There are many more examples, just have a look around at various carmakers' sites.