1st Maintenance Visit At 2,500 Miles?

At only 2,500 miles, and 4 months of ownership, my navigation screen is telling me to visit my dealer for oil change, filter, fluids, and a tire rotation. The manual clearly states the 1st visit at 5,000 miles or 6 months, whichever comes first. Anyone else get the same alert?

At only 2,500 miles, and 4 months of ownership, my navigation screen is telling me to visit my dealer for oil change, filter, fluids, and a tire rotation. The manual clearly states the 1st visit at 5,000 miles or 6 months, whichever comes first. Anyone else get the same alert?

My first alert came at 4600 miles.

Your dealer should have programed in 5000 miles into your navigation oil change screen. You can change it to alert you when you are close to 5000 miles. Take your current mileage and subtract it from 5000 and enter that number under oil change on your maintenance screen.

I receive the dealership reminder every 5 months, but because our RX isn't driven very far on a daily basis, it takes us at least 6 months to accumulate that many miles. The first service is free, but I may very well change my own oil when we hit 10,000 miles. I just have to see how much a rotation will cost.