Car Pulls To The Right

flanker271

My 92 LS has been constantly pulling to the right, no matter which lane I'm on or what speed I drive. This is very tireing during long distance travel because I have to always fight the steering wheel to keep it straight. When the car travels straight my steering wheel is slightly rotated to the left. I've done numberous alignment attempts but the problem is still there. Could the problem be caused by my leaking power steering rack or could it be something more serious like upper/lower control arms? My two front struts are new, but my shocks are OEM original. From my knowledge a torn control arm bushing will cause "clunking" noise when going over bumps, which I haven't experienced any. I'm running out of hypothesises, and want you guys's opinion. I just want to spend the money on the right part instead of randomly replacing expensive parts.

++I just want to add that all four tires are new and are of equal pressure.

Edited by flanker271

All of the services on this vehcle were done at my local Toyota dealer. They were very professional and I trust their technicians. In fact on my last alignment attempt (~ 2 month ago) the tech representitative told me that the alignment equipment "maxed out" on him....whatever that means. I then mentioned that if their equipment is unable to properly align my car, then they should do a full refund, which they did. My only problem on this vehicle right now is the leaky power steering rack, and the original factory shocks. Does the rack have anything to do with the mis-alignment?

The car has never been involved in any kind of accident, the chassis is straight and true.

++ some additional information: the ps rack leaks internally, there is a bulge on the rubber boot. I do not lose any ps fluid, if that helps

Edited by flanker271