Engine Message-"off Track"

Jivermo

What Year?

you have hit the traction control off button. turning off the trac control system. look for a button that says "trac off" or something to that effect. it may say "TCS off" or "TCS"and press it. not sure on the 300/330 your "message" will dissappear.

:D :D

the light also comes on when a conde is stored in the computer. go have the computer read to fid out the code and post it here. then we can more accurately tell you how to get the light to go away.

Edited by ArmyofOne

For some unknown reason all Toyota or Lexus vehicle will automatically disable VSC, Trac, etc, when there is an engine diagnostic indication. Fix the engine problem and the Trac off light will go out.

For some unknown reason all Toyota or Lexus vehicle will automatically disable VSC, Trac, etc, when there is an engine diagnostic indication. Fix the engine problem and the Trac off light will go out.

yeah that too. i just thought it may be just as likely that he/she accidentally hit the button.

is there even a button on the ES3? :unsure: there was on moms Chrysler..

Edited by ArmyofOne

yeah that too. i just thought it may be just as likely that he/she accidentally hit the button.

Thanks for this help. I'm going to check the computer out and see what is diagnosed. I will advise this forum what the final result is. From running a "search" on the forum, it points to a possible defective sensor. We'll see.

Thanks for this help. I'm going to check the computer out and see what is diagnosed. I will advise this forum what the final result is. From running a "search" on the forum, it points to a possible defective sensor. We'll see.

O.K...This is quite a trip. I took the ES300 to the shop today and had it checked. The problem was that the GAS CAP had been left off! This activated the "Check Engine" as well as the "Trac Off." Total cost: 57.00 for a new cap and reset of the computer. I hope that this may save at least one person the aggravation and $$$. Check your gas cap if these notifications come on. Thanks for all of the other help from forum participants.

Yes, the gas cap can/should only be removed for/during refueling. The gas tank and fuel system is kept under a slight vacuum to prevent fuel evaporation into the atmosphere. If the tank's fuel level rises when the vacuum is lost, filler cap is removed, the system ignores the event.