Need Ipod Help For '99 Rx300

I have an IPOD that I love using in my 1999 RX300 but I'm about to pull my hair out with the car adaptor I have now. I am currently frustrated with my cassette adaptor. :censored: The cassette player keeps ejecting it every 20 seconds. I feel like throwing the thing under my tires and running it over :chairshot:

I have tried the radio transmitter, too. I don't even want to talk about the sound quality on that one.

I have researched the aftermarket car integrators on the apple website and there is only 1 that is compatible with my car. And that one also connects through the FM transmitter. (which I prefer not to use if I am going to spend $200)

Pioneer has one and looks affordable. But does anyone know if this is compatible and good quality for the factory radio/tape/cd (not nakamichi) in the RX?

Or any other ideas that are recommended are greatly appreciated.

I have an IPOD that I love using in my 1999 RX300 but I'm about to pull my hair out with the car adaptor I have now. I am currently frustrated with my cassette adaptor. :censored: The cassette player keeps ejecting it every 20 seconds. I feel like throwing the thing under my tires and running it over :chairshot:

I have tried the radio transmitter, too. I don't even want to talk about the sound quality on that one.

I have researched the aftermarket car integrators on the apple website and there is only 1 that is compatible with my car. And that one also connects through the FM transmitter. (which I prefer not to use if I am going to spend $200)

Pioneer has one and looks affordable. But does anyone know if this is compatible and good quality for the factory radio/tape/cd (not nakamichi) in the RX?

same here..i have using the tape adaptor in my 01 Rx300..i wish there was a hook up for my ipod

same here..i have using the tape adaptor in my 01 Rx300..i wish there was a hook up for my ipod

If you have the same tape adaptor by Monster, you can send it back to them and they will replace the adaptor free with one that doesn't have any gears in it. Apparently, that is why it keeps getting spit out of the deck. Since I can't find an integrator for my RX this is the option I am stuck with. Good luck with your RX!

I thought I read that someone essentially installed an A-B switch to the radio's CD input. One position plays the CD changer, the other plays the IPOD. Has anyone considered this or have any idea what type of connectors would be needed?

Thanks,

Drew

If you can find a wiring diagram of the wires to your headunit and amplifier (if you have one) I may be able to help you. I am assuming you are using the stock headunit.

A 4 pole relay can be installed inline with the speaker wires along with a switch which will change between an AUX IN channel and the headunit. Volume and other sound functions can be used as normal on the headunit.

This is how I have mine done:

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=277880

• 3 months later...

I have just installed an ipod interface on a 06 GS430 with Nav. It works great and sounds like a regular CD. I have a Nano. The price of the equipment was $299.00. Hooks to the factory radio and you can control ipod through the car controls.