Ipod And Ice>link

taba82

I want to connect my iPod mini to my RX radio. Today, I found a company (http://www.densionusa.com) who claims they can connect to the radio and control the iPod via the radio/wheel controls. I am interested in hearing from other RX owners who might have purchase this solution.

Regards,

Mike

I called them about a month or so ago and they said that since i have a navigation the icelink won;t work with the car. I don't understand this, since the radio and navi are separated in the car. Let me know if you're able to get it to work.

I just spoke with the folks at Denison and you're right TODAY they do not offer an interface for the iPod for the RX330 6-disc in-dash/Nav setup. BUT, they indicated to me they would be able to offer the ice>Link in a few weeks. The person I spoke with said there was a problem with the firmware of the ice>Link but they were very close to getting it resolved. He also took my name/phone number and he will contact me once they are ready to ship a working solution. (fingers crossed)

Mike

I want to connect my iPod mini to my RX radio. Today, I found a company (http://www.densionusa.com) who claims they can connect to the radio and control the iPod via the radio/wheel controls. I am interested in hearing from other RX owners who might have purchase this solution.

Regards,

Mike

I called them about a month or so ago and they said that since i have a navigation the icelink won;t work with the car. I don't understand this, since the radio and navi are separated in the car. Let me know if you're able to get it to work.

dang it! the don't make one for the rx300 non-nav either :( booooo

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

Try www.mp3yourcar.com. I bought one for my wife's 2006 RX330 with Navi and had it installed by Best Buy. If you get it, make certain they connect as a CD Changer emulator rather than an MD Changer emulator because only the CD Changer activated text. Full functionality through the header unit on the steering wheel. Works great. Puts the IPod in the glove compartment with no visible wires. It's pretty nice.

kkubasta,

After looking at the mp3yourcar website, did you install the Neo iOn SP? Also, isn't this unit the SoundLinQ (Model SLI) sold under a different name? Do you recall how much Best Buy charged to install it?

Operationally, with it setup as a CD changer can you select your playlist on the iPod? Are their any limitations on what you can play via the iPod (aka only 99 songs per playlist, no random play, etc)?

Thanks,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

Try www.mp3yourcar.com. I bought one for my wife's 2006 RX330 with Navi and had it installed by Best Buy. If you get it, make certain they connect as a CD Changer emulator rather than an MD Changer emulator because only the CD Changer activated text. Full functionality through the header unit on the steering wheel. Works great. Puts the IPod in the glove compartment with no visible wires. It's pretty nice.

Yep, the 40002 - Neo iOn SP is what we purchased and installed. Unfortunately, I have no idea whether it is the same as the SoundLinQ. All I know is that I talked to an old friend of mine who is a high-end stereo installation instructor and he recommended.

Best Buy charged about $55 for installation. Then it's lifetime guarantee for the install. Thus, I was able to bring back and have them change the install from the MD Change emulation mode to the CD Changer emulation mode - no extra charge.

As best I can tell, there is capability for 12 playlists with an as-yet unlimited number of songs per playlist. We have more than 99 songs on one playlist and it continued playing past song 99, although the track number went a little funky. As far as I can tell, here is how the stereo/CD changer equates:

CD Disc = Playlist

CD Track = Song Name

Thus text shows the Playlist name as the Disc and does not show the Artist Name. Still pretty cool though.

Also, the model we bought includes a second input for Auxiliary in the event we subsequently want to add some other source. We'll probably never use it, but the reason I bring it up is because pressing the CD button on the stereo toggles back and forth as follows:

First touch = CD Changer

Second touch = CD Auxiliary (currently unused by us)

Third touch = Back to CD Changer

Fourth touch = CD1 Changer (IPod)

Hope this helps.

Edit -- I happened to notice on the installation manual that this is indeed the SoundLinQ model. Don't know the significance of that, but looks like you were correct.

Also, to further answer your question, random seems to work - at least rudimentally - however, it does seem to repeat songs a little too often. That may also be because we don't have a whole lot of songs on her IPod yet. Hopefully it will be a more true "random" once we have a larger sample of songs from which it can choose.

Also, haven't really tested it too much yet, but I believe you have full access to control directly from the IPod if you want to select a specific song by a specific artist without slogging through an entire playlist by hitting the track forward button until you hit the right song.

Edited by kkubasta

• 1 month later...

Wow...this is great to hear that they're closed to resolving the problem. Please do update when you have any news regarding this matter.

Not to burst anyone's bubble but I've been on that list at Dension since I bought my wife's RX400h in July. They've been "very close" the entire time. I have an IceLink in my Audi and I am a *huge* fan of it so I've been holding out for them to get it working but I'm about to give up.

I had been nervous about the Vaistech unit because I had heard mixed reviews, especially about the CD text and having a max of 99 songs per playlist. Sounds like those are both fixed with the newest version so I think I'm gonna pull the trigger.

I pretty much know this for a fact, the DENISON ICELINK though states won't work with Navigation, however they said the same thing for my Acura TLS, and I bought it ne wayz, and it works fine. So they dont really test it out and just to play it safe it looks like they say it wont wrork. The Nav operates seperate from the Radio so it 99.99% will be fine!!