Climate Control Went Wacky

Hey all.

New to Lexus...just got a 1998 GS400 with 49K. Love the car.

Here is the quick story. Got in the car with my buddy to go to lunch. First thing he does is start pushing buttons. Before you know it my windows start to fog up. Blower not working...heck none of the climate control is working. The display (LCD) is fine and the button LEDs light up but it won't work. Then i notice that the outside temp is showing just two lines...no reading.

I pull over and turn the car off. Then I notice when in accessory position the temp shows and the blower works, but when car is on, the display goes out and no blower.

After messing with it for a few minutes I get it to work fine..all ok.

My question is...is this a sign that something is going to screw up soon, or just a way of the car telling me not to let my friends push buttons?

Thanks in advance,

Hey all.

New to Lexus...just got a 1998 GS400 with 49K. Love the car.

Here is the quick story. Got in the car with my buddy to go to lunch. First thing he does is start pushing buttons. Before you know it my windows start to fog up. Blower not working...heck none of the climate control is working. The display (LCD) is fine and the button LEDs light up but it won't work. Then i notice that the outside temp is showing just two lines...no reading.

I pull over and turn the car off. Then I notice when in accessory position the temp shows and the blower works, but when car is on, the display goes out and no blower.

After messing with it for a few minutes I get it to work fine..all ok.

My question is...is this a sign that something is going to screw up soon, or just a way of the car telling me not to let my friends push buttons?

Thanks in advance,

Welcome to the club :cheers:

If it is working fine now just keep an eye on it, Tell your passengers that if they break it they pay for it. Christ, I wouldn't let anyone play around in my car [ not even the wify ]