Need Opinions - Struts

bob95603

Would like everyone's opinion regarding two questions.

1. I have the opportunity to buy oem struts for a very good price for a 1990 es250. Considering that these struts have possibly been laying on a dealer's shelf for many years, do you think the gas in them has leaked out?

2. Dealer only has 3 of them (both rears and 1 front). My feeling (if I buy them) is to only buy the rears and get a matched set for the front elsewhere. What are your thoughts?

I'd get all 3 and then get the 4th genuine Toyota strut you need from 1sttoyotaparts.com for 28% off the retail price and possibly even below the price your local dealer says "is a great deal".

The part# of the front strut will be printed on the box it comes in. In the unlikely event 1sttoyotaparts.com cannot get the extra front strut you need then since you have the part# you can search the Parts Dept inventories of Toyota and Lexus dealers nationwide online at partsvoice.com. If you do that online search you are virtually guaranteed to find the extra front strut you need.