Is This Normal

thieaux

i was looking at other thread and heard everyone could red line, but mine wont go pas 4200 or 4300 in gears and o to 60 mph is 13 secs , so i try reving it up in park and wont go pass 5200 could it be that the ecu is in safe mode i have no CEL.

How can i check the codes.

I have a 1991 ls400.

I noticed the same on my LS :( From start to 60mph my car need about 12 seconds :-( I just replaced spark plugs and wiring (both bought at dealer shop).

My engine is also loudly when cold - something is knocking. Can be required adjust of valves ? Is it possible to lose power through improper valve clearance ?

My three previous cars were camry s 3.0 with 1<Z-FE engine and they much better accelerated that my LS :-( I am unhappy on this fact.

Can someone give any advice where can be a problem ?

My car is LS 400 EU 1992 with 110k miles.

Thank you

Mariusz /Maniek/

www.camry.atone.pl

THanks gssoldier good to know, but still im not getting power after 3000 may be a blocked cat , the engine is screaming but no power.

My 91 revs fine. I would go with clean TB, run seafoam or b12 chemtool in gas tank. Clean intake manafold (there are threads that talk about it, but basicly pull vacum line and let it suck in b12 chemtool or sea foam). Tune up items Plugs, wires, caps, coils.... reset ECU, disconect battery for 10 to 20 min. Muffler shop should charge about $20 or $30 to check back preshure on your system.