The Most Powerful V8 Production Engine E55 Amg Vs. Sc400 400hp+

JIBBBY

Do I have a chance? Hear is the story, I have been trying to get my friends older brother whom owns and drives a stock AMG E55 to race me for months, and finally we agreed on this Saturday afternoon on an empty street near an airport in the Valley in LA, California. He is busy, and never has comitted until now. I am afraid I might get used, and we are racing for two LA Laker tickets on Christmas day! Now my 1992 Sc400 is running a nos system, and other mods, LSD, Torque converter, intake, exhaust, electrical upgrades it is lowered one inch, and mint. I have already beat out an new BMW M3 but not by much, a new v8 mustang and can stay with a new Vette once we get going, but not off the line. I just read up on these E55 AMG's they are 500hp and probably shift smoother and more timely then my sc, but the weight difference and with my skills with the nos I may have a chance.

I just juiced my nos 10lb nos bottle to the max, I decided I will be running on 101 octane fuel which is a first, I am going to remove my spare tire and any additional possible weight, I am going to heat that nos bottle to around 1400psi on the 30 minute drive over to the race, and on a dry nos system that should give me somewhere around 125-150hp off the nos, total hp should be well over 400hp+. Can I win or should I back out? These tickets are bank!!!!! This is my first planned race and I will be prepared, and I am excited to see if my car can hang with that beast!!!! I will bring a camera a take pictures and post after. Here is a generic post of the worlds most powerful production motor V8 6.3 liter Mercedes motor, I am hoping the weight difference will give me the edge, what do you guys think, back out or go for it?????????????

post-13978-1135224720_thumb.jpg

I honestly don't know what my car can do in the quarter or 0-60 because I keep adding a little mod here or there so it is always changing.

What is strange is if you go GOOGLE and TYPE "the worlds most powerful V8 engine" The E55 AMG pops up at the specs read 2006 model 6.3Liter V8 with 510hp, then I search E55 Amg 2005 specs it comes up 5.5Liter 476hp 12.4 in the quarter mile. I don't know which one I would be racing and the more I read the more I feel I might get worked over on this one. Anyway thanks for the reply we will see what happens, I need to sleep on this one.

This is a generic pic and it looks brutal.post-13978-1135237229_thumb.jpg