Very Slow Car

thieaux

thieaux, your lack of power and the low idle issues have to be related. This issue is most likely something basic yet critical. Are your spark plugs new and are they OEM NGK or Denso (I sure hope they're not Bosch). Second, are the ignition wires within specs, the distributor cap and rotor? Is the engine cutting when it gets to 4500 RPM or anytime during the full throttle acceleration, if so then you a weak or faulty ignition coil. The fact that your idling slow indicates one or more cylinders is not firing. The other thing you can quickly check is the fuel injectors, use a pipe or mechanics stethoscope and listen for the injector click at each one. Let us know what you find.

I have a 91 ls also, and slow it's not, and it revs to the red line anytime I ask it to. I fnd on the open road when I hit it to pase someone going 70, I hit over a hundred without trying...

I would start with a good turn up. You know, plugs wires coils, caps, etc. Also a goo TB cleaning. New air filter... Also don't over look the posability of a cloged cat. A muffler shop can check you back pershure for less then $30.00

Also check your compersion on all 8 cyl.

I would also put some B12 Chemtool or Sea Foam in your next tank of gas or two.