Exhaust Recommendations For Series One Ls400

Celsior Dude

I am wanting to fit a cat-back exhaust to my 1990 LS400 (Celsior).

I am wanting to free up a bit of the V8 sound without it sounding too "over the top", I also don't want to loose any low down power/torque if possible.

What recommendations do you guys have for such a system (ie. pipe sizes, merge style etc)?

Edited by Celsior Dude

• 3 weeks later...

I am wanting to fit a cat-back exhaust to my 1990 LS400 (Celsior).

I am wanting to free up a bit of the V8 sound without it sounding too "over the top", I also don't want to loose any low down power/torque if possible.

What recommendations do you guys have for such a system (ie. pipe sizes, merge style etc)?

Replace the middle mufflers with perforated core straight through resonators from a quality provider such as Dynomax, Magnaflow or Borla. Heck, just remove them and run 2.00" pipe in there place. If that is louder than desired simply see first sentence.

Now, if you want more POWER... headers, complete system, nozzle collector.

I know a fellow Aussie owner who put a cat back on his LS. According to him, it freed up an additional 30kW at the rear wheels (seems like a rediculously high power gain, but he may have had a previous problem with the exhaust that reduced power). The car is quite loud now at idle and under load - ie does not sound like a Lexus, rather, it sounds like a hard hitting V8. So if noise is not an issue this may be the exhaust for you.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll find out which brand cat back he used.

Michael

I know a fellow Aussie owner who put a cat back on his LS. According to him, it freed up an additional 30kW at the rear wheels (seems like a rediculously high power gain, but he may have had a previous problem with the exhaust that reduced power). The car is quite loud now at idle and under load - ie does not sound like a Lexus, rather, it sounds like a hard hitting V8. So if noise is not an issue this may be the exhaust for you.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll find out which brand cat back he used.

Michael

A borla catback is the way to go.

not too loud until you get on it.