Lexus.com Doesn't Recognize My New Gx470 Vin

lexme

I just purchased a 2006 GX470 two days ago :) Tried to register as an owner in lexus.com but it didn't recognize the VIN :( Wonder if I need to wait for a few more days or months... Does anyone have any insight on this? TIA.

The message said: "That VIN doesn't appear to be one of ours. Please check the number and enter it again. If you continue to receive this error message, you may find your answer through our VIN Help page."

Edited by lexme

I've had my car for over 2 weeks and i have the same problem. Someone, please help?

Tried today and lexus.com was able to recognize my VIN #. Don't know what happened in the background. Maybe dealer sales need to update lexus records. jkulas, I would suggest you to call lexus if you still cannot register. Cheers/Tom

:ph34r: Word on the street is that VW of China has counterfited a large number of GX-470s for export to the U.S.

To find out if you have one of them, remove the plastic engine cover; the VW version has a horizontal 4 cylinder engine - two spark plugs on each side. You might also notice a slight lack of passing power compared to the 470 you test drove at the Lexus dealership.

If you have one, you can return it to Wal-Mart, keep your receipt, and take it to the nearest Lexus dealer for a non-counterfeit version.

:ph34r: Word on the street is that VW of China has counterfited a large number of GX-470s for export to the U.S.

To find out if you have one of them, remove the plastic engine cover; the VW version has a horizontal 4 cylinder engine - two spark plugs on each side. You might also notice a slight lack of passing power compared to the 470 you test drove at the Lexus dealership.

If you have one, you can return it to Wal-Mart, keep your receipt, and take it to the nearest Lexus dealer for a non-counterfeit version.

I took delivery straight from a local lexus dealer and thinking this mine should be a genuine one. Just out of curiosity, who would sell the counterfeit ones and what does this have anything to do with Wal-Mart? Happy holidays!

Hmmm counterfeit GX470 huh. No wonder I got my GX for so cheap. My GX also seem to have more problems than usual and it is also lacking in horsepower. I am going to take off my engine cover tonight when I get home and take a look. If it does turn out to be a counterfeit GX, does anyone know where and how I can get my money back?

:D :lol::rolleyes:

Have a happy holiday everyone.

I just purchased a 2006 GX470 two days ago :) Tried to register as an owner in lexus.com but it didn't recognize the VIN :( Wonder if I need to wait for a few more days or months... Does anyone have any insight on this? TIA.

The message said: "That VIN doesn't appear to be one of ours. Please check the number and enter it again. If you continue to receive this error message, you may find your answer through our VIN Help page."

Lexus had a problem with the Lexus Owners part of their website for a few weeks. They just it sorted out yesterday. But they will tell you that it takes 4-6 weeks for your newly purchased Lexus to get into their system. I purchased my 06 GX in mid November and yesterday I finally got to register it. Well, sort of. When I put the VIN from my GX in, it said the vehicle with my VIN belonged to someone else. Since I purchased my GX within a week of it coming off the boat and with 3 miles on it, I kind of doubted it. I overrode it and then it accepted it.