Brake Changing Woes

kcpth

Hey guys. Once again.... i am in need of some aid. Today... i wanted to change my girlfriends 92 ES300. The temperature is 25 degrees... yea i know... it's !Removed! cold to b changing brakes.

So here's my scenario that i ran into. I ordered the Lexus(Toyota) brake pads from Irontoad.com. I changed the Front Driver side flawlessly. Then i moved over to the passenger front side. I put the brakes on correctly... n as i swung the caliper closed after pushing the pistons in... the top pin didn't move out. It seemed as if it was shut in that position. If i put both pads on.... n tried to swing the piston shut... it would move the rotors out of place. So in order to keep the rotors flushed as it natural position... i can only keep one new n one old pad b/c that !Removed! pin wouldn't slide.

Now as i put both rear ones.... i couldn't get both pads in. Since I was only able to remove the bottom pin. I put in the rear pads n tried to swing the caliper shut.... it's as if the pads were just a 1/2 inch too thick on both rear brakes. Is that natural? The top pin on both rear works... it can slide in n out... but that's not the problem.... i still can't get the bottom to go in to it's place b/c the pads r too thick. I pushed the caliper pistons in all the way. Wut is the problem that i ran into on the 3 other brakes?

Now i have another question... but this one doesn't relate too much to the brakes.... i am still not sure which wire is the parking lights for the Angel Eyes? I only see 2 wires for the low beam projector n 2 for the high beam? Do i connect it to n e of those? If so... do i also connect both the angel eye halos to the same source... or can i connect it to one of the low beam wires n one on the high beam wires?

Thanks guys. Sorrie for the inconvience.

Tom

The swinging portion of the caliper moves in & out to adjust for pad wear as they age. Just pull the whole piston assembly outward to get it to fit. Also, did you contract the piston with a c-clamp? Make sure you don't shove fluid out of the brake res while doing so. Most of the time, if you start with a res above minimum, you'l need to take some out.

The parking light is recessed into the side. You may have to take the headlight back out slightly to expose the wire enough so you can see where it is. If you want the things to come on with the parking lights (What most people do unless they're putting in a seperate switch) wire them all to the parking lights.

i pulled both slides out actually. N i did use a C clap to push the pistons back in. But that passenger front side piston seems to b stuck on that position. As for the rears... i did push it back it a C clamp as well. I wish i had a digital camera up here to show how it looks like. I pushed the Piston as far back as i could... it wasn't actually about the piston... it was more about the pins not moving far enuff. U know the side on the caliper we can see.... well in order for the pins to fit in... it seems like the part of the caliper that we can see (the opposite end of the piston) needs to b wider. Tomorrow i'll try to give the caliper piston another push in. I accidentally made some of the brake fluid leak out of the resevoir. So after every brake i did... i just pumped it to make sure they dont leak out again.

I changed the brake pads for my car and for my sister's boyfriend's car without a problem. I dont know y im having such bad luck wit her car. O wellz. Like i said... i'll give it one more shot.

As for the parking lights... i dont know which wires it is. There r sooo many wires. Perhaps i have to take the assembly out to realli see it.

Thanks Toys for da assist in da matter. Got the LED's to work. :lol: